Monday, 24 October 2011

An Odd Archaeological Site


Every so often I come across something that doesn’t make any sense to me. This is good. It’s not a great thing to never have one’s ideas challenged. Recently a friend sent me on a link to this video. There are a number of little things wrong with the video but ignore the vast majority of what the speakers say and look at the footage.

It seems to show a very large megalithic site with sophisticated carving techniques that has been dated to thousands of years before civilisation, as we know it, began. I have yet to make up my mind as to what I think of it. Quite frankly, if the site is what people are claiming it is then a lot of our assumptions may need to be rethought but as a challenging archaeological site it is extraordinary. Keep an eye out for further work on this subject in the media.



P.S. Enjoy the video but please don’t take everything in it too seriously. I shouldn’t generalise but I am always sceptical of anyone who writes a book about Atlantis and then talks about archaeology. (Also note that Genesis does not state that the Ark landed on Mt Ararat and Biblical scholars are aware of the fact, even if this guy isn’t. Rant over.) Enjoy.